[C38] Fuel tank removal, no door

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:07:22 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Max Soto <maxsoto at hotmail.com>
Date: 04-may-2007 8:56
Subject: Fuel tank removal
To: C38 <listserve at catalina38.org>, maxsoto at gmail.com

Hi everybody,

No door on ESTANCIA #198.

I removed my fuel tank last year for repair. I'm a very skinny person, so my
arm went to the forward part of the tank with no problems. I don't
remember quite good, but I think that I was able to use a wireless drill
with a philips bit in there, or it was only on the rear???...uhmm...not
sure.  By the end I was out in less than 15 mins. It took more time to drain
the diesel, than taking the tank out.
When it was out, I threw 2 feet of chain inside the tank through the tank
gauge meter,  started shaking it  and flushing it in order to clean it.
Also, I welded a 1/2 access, so I can measure the level with an stick, just
in case the level gauge dies!!. I found no need for bigger access port, but
is just my opinion.

Max Soto
C38 ESTANCIA
Puntarenas, Costa Rica