[C38] House Batteries

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 17:44:19 EDT 2007

Two and a half years ago I installed a pair of  Trojan 6V golf cart batteries in my boat.  The have never been abused but it seems like they discharge significantly quicker than they used to.  I doubt that they have been dischared below 12.0 volts more than 5 times.   I hauled them out of the boat and had them checked at my battery store.  The checker put a 100 amp load on them for a few seconds and pronounced them good.  Is this a good test for the capacity of a deep cycle battery?  How do you know when it is time to replace your house batteries?  I am thinking that I should install an amp-hr meter.

Phil Gay
C38 094 Que Linda
Everett, WA