[C38] A little advice in the purchase of a Catalina 38

Ron Zetterberg ronz at as400search.com
Thu Jul 19 17:10:45 EDT 2007

Good day to all,

Well, after much work, soul searching, and short listing,  I will finally buy a Catalina 38 sometime this summer...Unless the world falls apart...

A query for those in the know...

IF you were to buy a Catalina 38 for the FIRST time, what are the three major or minor things that you would look for, both positive and negative, as you searched for THE boat to purchase???

Keep in mind that the boat that you would be purchasing in this scenario is of a late 70s to early 80s vintage...

Your comments will be gratefully accepted.

And a quick message to Steve Ortin and the crew of Santa Susanna.  Yes, I did fall off the face of the planet, as did my daughter, Jamie..  Been WAY too busy to crew with you.  My apologies, I have been remiss by not keeping in touch... I hope that you are all well and winning races...

At your service,

Ron Zetterberg

VP, Staffing Services

AS400 Personnel