[C38] Flying goose over heating follow up

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Thu Jul 19 17:02:18 EDT 2007

We talked with a couple night before last that had sailed their Alajuela 33 from California to Mexico through the Canal to Texas and finally to Florida.  His diesel overheated and he tried many solutions.  He finally unsoldered an end cap and found that a baffle had been incorrectly welded inside the heat exchanger.  This prevented raw water from making a complete circuit in his heat exchanger.  The previous owner said that the engine had run hot since new.  Sometimes the problem is where you least expect it.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA

From: William Knowles <william_k_19810 at yahoo.com>