[C38] Fuel tank

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 14:15:23 EDT 2007

I am planning to replace my non original 18 gallon fuel tank with the tank that Catalina designed for our boat.  I have attached a file with the dimensions in past posts to the listserve.  The dimensions are 35 5/8" x 18" x about 15" at the deepest.  I had understood that the capacity was 35 gallons, but my rough calculations indicate a capacity of about 42 gallons.  The Catalina installation drawing shows the tank being located with the inboard side inline with the vertical wall of the quarterberth.  I don't see how it will fit into under the quarterberth in this spot with the engine cooling water intake where it is located.  The tank would fit if it were moved outboard and moved forward in the boat some.

Would someone look at their fuel tank and measure the size of their tank (looking down) and note where it is located relative to the inboard wall of the quarterberth and the vertical wall at the forward end of the quarterberth?

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA