[C38] Use of the listserve

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Sat Jan 13 14:10:28 EST 2007

As the guy who runs this listserve for our organization, I say lets try
to strike a balance on usage.  Frankly, I don't have a problem with
folks using the list to gather for social reasons..  Especially when the
one being gathered around (Max) comes from another country!  So, for
gatherings of our members, this is a great place to do it.  If however
this is an ongoing conversation only between two members, it would
probably be best for them to privately email once they have hooked up on
the listserve.  But from my perspective, that has not happened at all
with this conversation.
Perhaps we should consider what happens whenever 2 or more boats are
headed in the same direction... its both a 'gathering' and a RACE! And
that is really what we are all about.

What really bothers me is when the listserve goes dead for weeks at a time!

Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn #114
Webmaster