[C38] interior 38

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 14 04:41:19 EDT 2007

Hi, Jim,
	Nancy used Murphy's Oil Soap on the worst spots to clean it up a bit
(hand oil and so on), then lemon oil to restore the luster and give the
boat a nice aroma.

	On the fiberglass we use simple green for most of the oil/soot from the
lamp and so forth, then rinse well, and follow with some clorox in water
to keep the mold at bay.  We paste waxed some of the interior when we
first got the boat about 9 years ago, and it may need that again this
year, but it doesn't look bad even after all this time.

	Nancy does keep at it, and every spring we do a pretty thorough "airing
out" opening the boat, putting the cushions out in the sun for a couple
of hours, and opening all the lockers (and removing all the accumulated
junk, only to put it all back and add a few hundred pounds ;-) ) and
hatches, wiping down the glass, etc. just to start "fresh" so to speak.
I try not to sched any boat projects for that weekend/week days so I
don't agravate the admiral.

Regards,