[C38] Fuel tank removal

Gus Woods gwoods at dineout.org
Mon May 7 08:55:34 EDT 2007

Thanks to all of you for your assistance in getting the tank out. Knowing that it could be done without great difficulty made all the difference.

My tank, like Max's, was held in by screws instead of bolts and those on the back side had been painted over with thick paint, perhaps gelcoat and were difficult to get out. However, once I got the fill hose out of the way and positioned myself behind the tank, the ones on the front were easy to remove.

The tank itself looks pretty good from the outside and I will be cutting into it tonight to see how the inside looks.

Before it goes back in I will install an inspection port and a fitting for an outboard tank to connect to it - I have been intrigued by Tom's idea since I read his description of it several years ago.

>>> "Max Soto" <maxsoto at gmail.com> 5/4/2007 2:11 PM >>>
Hi there,

I found this drawing on my archives, but is different from the ESTANCIA. I
just have 12 self screwing bolts with copper washers.

Max