[C38] spam on the C38 listserve?

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Wed May 23 13:02:59 EDT 2007

This listserve is hosted by the Catalina 38 Association and was set up by our former webmaster.  I haven't received any spam yet.  Are you referring to a Sailnet Catalina 38 listserve that I don't subscribe to?

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA

From: Les <hlhowell at pacbell.net>
This is the list server responding to a mail sent to "unscribe".  A spam bot has acquired the list address from somewhere, and sent a "Euro Lottery" message to
everyone on the list, as well as the unscribe address, to which the thoughtful people at sailnet respond by emailing the list to verify that this is a real unscribe message.

    Praise Sailnet.  Not all list providers have this thoughtful screening process.  I have been unsubscribed from lists in the past, which I did not want to be unsubscribed.  Sailnet does this job very well.

Regards,
Les H