[C38] Am I still on the list?

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 13:49:33 EDT 2007

I think the answer to Les' question is that we have all been out sailing or working on our boats so much that we haven't had time to participate in the listserve.

I had Que Linda out and applied a couple of coats of Pettit Vivid to the bottom.  It comes in 24 colors but our local West Marine only had black or white.  I chose white and can't believe how new and contemporary the boat looks.  My wife metered the paint into the roller pan, my son rolled it on, and I tipped it with a brush.  What a smooth bottom!  I had commented that my last paint job had cayenne pepper in it to act as a slime retardent.  In reality it turned a good paint into 40 grit sandpaper.  The bottom paint would almost take the skin off your hand if you rubbed it.  It was an ablative paint but I couldn't get to wear off after 5 years.  BTW it didn't discourage the slime in the least.  I finally gave up on it and wet sanded over the washdown pit over night and vacuum sanded the rest the next day while blocked.  I love the feel and look of the Vivid paint and would recommend it.

I miss hearing from you on the list, but I hope that you are enjoying summer as much as I am.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA

From: Les <hlhowell at pacbell.net>