[C38] 'Usual' maintenance of items

Tom Beck Tom.Beck at cgifederal.com
Wed Jun 13 11:18:51 EDT 2007

Hello All,

Sorry if this is not following procedure but I'm a prospective C38 owner
and I had a question.

I'm looking at buying a 1998 C38 which appears in good condition,
lightly used, but also has all original equipment.  Thus, sails and
rigging have not been replaced.

What is a 'reasonable' assumption to make to make in terms of budgeting
for somewhat major repairs or maintenance?  Hauling out and bottom
painting I figure I'll be doing no matter what.   For example,  I have
heard standing rigging should be replaced every 10 years.  I'm not
looking at cost or dollar amount from this group, just what items I
should expect to be spending dollars on.

Are there any reasonable assumptions I can make?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks

Tom