[C38] Hurth transmission parts

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:55:04 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

I recently had my transmission rebuilt. A month ago. ESTANCIA is a 1982
model. The engine is the original 5424 24hp with a HURTH transmission. No
tags or numbers either!!
According to other C38 owners I realized that the transmission had to be the
hurth HBW100, and I was right. Also, the kit for this transmission works
with the HBW 50 and 5, I think!!
Check this place.
http://www.marinegears.com/

This is were I bought everything. Best prices and service!!! Ask for Chris.
I paid less than $290 for the whole rebuilt kit including shipping, seals,
gaskets, clutches, and a couple of needle bearings. The other bearings were
bought on an auto shop for $20.
Also check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230122720875&rd=1,1

I didn't bought the kit from this place because of the bearing prices and
shipping time.
Marine gears is in FL, right were my freight forwarder is located. If you
want, you can contact me at (506)383-7811 in Costa Rica. Everything is still
fresh on my memory!!

Regards,

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA