[C38] A little advice in the purchase of a Catalina 38

Mark_Crosby at fpl.com Mark_Crosby at fpl.com
Fri Jul 20 12:55:08 EDT 2007

I would ensure the bottom is in good shape, or records of a recent bottom
job.  Engine and drive train health is probably most important, then the
rigging and sails.

My Catalina 38 is for sale.  It is in very good shape and is offered at a
reduced price.  It is currently in Stuart, FL.  Call me for more details.

Mark Crosby
772-418-1100
561-722-1649

                      "Ron Zetterberg"
                      <ronz at as400search.com        To:       listserve at catalina38.org
                      >                            cc:
                      Sent by:                     Subject:  [C38] A little advice in the purchase of a Catalina 38
                      listserve-bounces at cat
                      alina38.org

                      07/19/2007 05:10 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Catalina 38
                      Listserve"

Good day to all,

Well, after much work, soul searching, and short listing,  I will finally
buy a Catalina 38 sometime this summer...Unless the world falls apart...
A query for those in the know...

IF you were to buy a Catalina 38 for the FIRST time, what are the three
major or minor things that you would look for, both positive and negative,
as you searched for THE boat to purchase???

Keep in mind that the boat that you would be purchasing in this scenario is
of a late 70s to early 80s vintage...

Your comments will be gratefully accepted.

And a quick message to Steve Ortin and the crew of Santa Susanna.  Yes, I
did fall off the face of the planet, as did my daughter, Jamie..  Been WAY
too busy to crew with you.  My apologies, I have been remiss by not keeping
in touch... I hope that you are all well and winning races...

At your service,

Ron Zetterberg
VP, Staffing Services
AS400 Personnel