[C38] plexiglass scratch removal

Charles charles at finn.ws
Fri Aug 3 14:56:27 EDT 2007

Like (I hope) most of you, I have been spending as much time as possible
on my boat during these warm... but short....  months of sailing in the
Northeast.  One of the things that has been bothering me for years is
the cloudy view out of the Bowmar hatch in the cabin.  Replacing it is
both expensive and a pain, so I looked for an alternative.  I found
it!   There is a company called Janvil
(  http://www.janvil.com/?gclid=CLmO6N7-2Y0CFRk4gQodPQfmZw  )  who make
a polishing/cleaner kit that really works.  With about 20 minutes of
polishing, I now have a hatch that is as good as new!
As I also have plexiglass cabin windows as well as having modified my
forward hatch with a large, curved plexiglass window, I am happy to
our cabin glass (scratches).

BTW,
I plan on creating a new page on our C38 website dedicated to products
we have found work well and would recommend to our community.  I want to
include vendors, marinas, etc. that our members feel particularly good
about as well.  So, if you have some great product, vendor, mechanic,
etc. that you want to share, please email me with the particulars and I
will get it out for all of us.

Charles Finn
Webmaster
Mighty Quinn, #114