[C38] Spinnakers

Charles charles at finn.ws
Fri Aug 3 18:21:56 EDT 2007

It is probably obvious from the number of emails from me today that I
have out on the boat for some time and am full of ideas and questions:

I currently have four symmetric spinnakers (.75 and 1.5 oz.)  that I
seldom even carry as I cruise short handed or with folks with little
sailing knowledge.  I am thinking of getting an asymmetric spinnaker
with a sock.  I am very interested in the "pros and cons" of this before
letting go of these four sails.  And, in terms of asymmetric, what is a
good size and weight for cruising?

Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn, #114