[C38] Cockpit sole hatch

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 6 22:21:28 EDT 2007

Someone prior to myself put a hatch in the cockpit sole of JACE.  It was
one of those plastic jobs.  I weigh 260+/- and the hatch didn't hold up.
I replaced it with one I made from two layers of 3/8" marine plywood,
but now the hatch rim (also plastic) is showing some cracks.  I will
have to go the powdercoated aluminum or stainless route as well I think.
I may have one made next year.  I am leaning toward stailness, but am
open to suggestions?

Regards,