[C38] fuel tank replacement?

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Tue Sep 4 12:03:39 EDT 2007

How about just repairing the existing tank in place?  From what I
understand, it's usually just the lowest corner (forward, port) that
corrodes.  I've heard of some people having it welded (in place) and others
using an epoxy coating inside the tank.

I cut two inspection holes in the top of my tank about 8 or 10 inches in
diameter so that I can get in the tank to clean it.  That wasn't a fun job
but wasn't too bad either.  The reason for two inspection holes is that
there is a baffle in the middle of the tank.

Good luck.

Rich
Legacy, #360