[C38] A comment on the Listserve

Charles charles at finn.ws
Mon Sep 17 12:20:43 EDT 2007

The keelstub discussion we are currently having suggests from the
comments of some parties they may not be familiar with our website:
www.catalina38.org  and perhaps it would be good to remind all how this
works.
Both the website and this listserve are sponsored (paid for) by the
Catalina 38 International Association.  You will routinely find
discussions that begin on this listserve regarding fixes, announcements,
great locations, etc. which are  summarized and/or detailed and then
mounted on our website for more permanent referral.  A great example
will be what we learn from the keel stub discussion, which will be added
to the specifications already available in Tech Tips.  I am certain the
comments from Russ Duff regarding the actual project will be added when
they arrive.

I would ask all of us to keep in mind three things as we benefit from
these great discussions:

1. Use the website and the listserve as interlinked references that
allow all of us to enjoy these wonderful boats.
2. Contribute your experience so all of us can benefit by writing things
up and submitting them to me for posting on the website.
3. Become a member and pay your dues!  While all the time it takes to
construct and maintain these locations are volunteered.... we do have to
pay for the servers to run and maintain the website and listserve.

For all the above reasons.....  WE CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!

Thanks for listening,
Charles Finn
(the guy who runs the website and listserve)
Mighty Quinn #114