[C38] Transmission Replacement

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 16 20:19:54 EDT 2007

Hell Pam and list,

I pulled my transmission but a few years ago but I did it through the
modified floor of the sail locker.  I was actually able to climb into the
engine compartment behind the transmission to do the work.  I'm 5'9" but I
think I could have done even if I was taller.

The sail locker floor modification is easy and worth doing.  I later put my
hot water heater between the propeller shaft and steering quadrant which
before then was wasted space.  Moving the hot water heater opened up
valuable space in my sail locker as well as move the weight of the hot
water heater lower in the hull.

Tom Troncalli