[C38] Transmission Replacement, engine probably doesn't need pulling

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 16 20:38:04 EDT 2007

Dear Pam: Tom T. has the answer (as usual!). Cut a removable floor in
the sail locker. I removed and replaced my transmission with great
access thorough the removable sail locker floor. However, it could be
that the engine is mounted so far astern that you dont have room to
slide the transmission far enough sternward after you unbolt it.
Luckily, my Yanmar 3GM was set far enough forward that allowed the
transmission to be led off the bolting points.
Don