[C38] Garmin 540 to Icom M604

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sat Jun 28 02:18:28 EDT 2008

Anybody done this before?  trying to follow the paragraph of instructions in both manuals leaves alot to be desired.   both units function properly but will not talk to each other.   On the Garmin side it has a blue and brown wire nmea out and in.  The Icom has a five pin connector (sp+, sp-, NMEA out + and - and NMEA in + and -).  I have matched the Garmin out with the Icom In and vice versa.  Im unable to get any gps info on the radio.  I configured the Garmin for nmea/out and nmea high speed.  Nothing seems to be working and Im sure its the obvious that Im missing.   Thanks.

Steve
Peregrine #312