[C38] Cockpit Layout

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Tue Jul 8 01:24:26 EDT 2008

 I am not happy with the way my cockpit was layed out, mostly the main sheet and halyard sharing the same winch on the starboard side.  Obviously problems with raising the main and leaving the main sheet unsecured or the inability to tighten the halyard when sailing.   Attached is a layout that I think works and would like suggestions about.  The hardware shown is what is on the deck, I cant figure out what the rope clutch on the starboard side would be used for....any ideas?   Im also thinking the opening on the starboard deck organizer would be for either reefing or a cunningham....thoughts and opinions welcomed.  Thanks

Steve
Peregrine