[C38] Cockpit layout

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Tue Jul 8 15:12:19 EDT 2008

I have a couple of posts held up by the moderator for size as well, so
Ill try to keep this to a short question without the aid of the pic or
drawing.  I dont like the way my cockpit is set up, mainly that the main
sheet and main halyard share the same winch.   Deck hardware includes on
the port two rope clutches and one lewmar 30, on the starboard one rope
clutch and a lewmar 16.   I am thinking that on the port is should go
spin. foreguy, spin t. lift, genoa hlyrd, main hlyrd, traveler,  then on
the starboard, traveller, mainsheet, vang leaving room on the deck
organizer for either cunningham or reefing, If this still makes sense
what is the starboard rope clutch intended for?  would you use it for
the mainsheet?

Steve Smolinske
President

4M Company, Inc.
15660 Nelson Place South
Seattle, WA  98188
425-227-4500
www.rainierrubber.com <http://www.rainierrubber.com/>

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or
proprietary in nature and is intended for the recipient of the email
only.  Please treat all information contained in this and any
communication with the 4M Company as such.  Thank you.

P Before printing, think about ENVIRONMENTAL responsibility