[C38] Reaching strut

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 10:35:13 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I just bought a spinnaker pole here in Costa Rica. I was very lucky to get
one here with the right size. In fact I even have to cut 6" out of it for a
perfect fit!
Now that I'm going to learn how to use a spinnaker with a pole, I noticed
that I have seen many people using the reaching strut when the pole is
straight forward, but also I have seen more people not using one of this. I
know that the main goal here is to avoid abnormal forces on the shrouds and
a better angle for pulling the pole back.
Can the reaching strut be replaced by the tweaker??? Or the tweaker has a
totally different use?? Is the reaching strut a "must have" on the spinnaker
inventory???

I'll appreciate your comments.

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA