[C38] ICK

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Wed Aug 13 00:58:03 EDT 2008

FYI for anyone considering whether or not to polish their tank,  I considered seriously not having it done.  After all the engine seems to be running fine, it sounded pretty good for its age and after I changed filters the problem seemed to go away.  But thank goodness for this site and all the input I got when I asked the questions.   If anyone is unsure, have it done!!   My tank hadnt ever been cleaned so we had to put in the access ports, attached are photos of the fuel that was pumped out, lots of particulate matter floating around,  and also a sample of the crud taken out.  I had used a tank treatment to prevent growth, but that killed everything and it sloughed off the sides and accumulated on the bottom covering the openings to the fuel output lines, it was just a matter of time before the engine would have acted up again, and undoubtledy right when it would be needed most.  The engine now purrs like a kitten and is smooth and effortless (although underpowered).  I am so glad I had this done.   Thanks everyone.   Does anyone use the Baja Filter or a similar product?  I read that practical sailor rated the West Marine $25 version as being just as good.  Any comments?

Steve
Peregrine #312
Seattle