[C38] Flying an asymmetrical

William Knowles william_k_19810 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 19:42:48 EST 2008

I think that depends how your chute is cut. A real
full chute will run dead down wing and wing but I
can't believe that it will deliver the same speed dead
down as broad reaching. Unless the wind is  way up and
it will overpower the boat at 150 degrees. I tried it
last summer and could not do it at all. However with
both sails on the same side we flew.
Bill Knowles
Flying Goose c38