[C38] hauling for bottom painting

mark turner empty1 at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 29 15:21:42 EST 2008

Les. I'm pretty sure u r bang on with the cause of the smile being to do
with blocking the unparallel base of the keel with flat blocks causing
leverage to seperate the front edges and cause the smile.
The Goose has never had 'the smile' and I'm sure its because when the keel
was redrawn to 6ft by catalina they made the base of the keel horizontal.
It would be interesting to hear if any of the shoal draft boats have a
smile. from the drawings their keel stubs look a lot longer and the bottom
parallel.
Mark. T