[C38] bilge pumps

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Mon Feb 11 14:57:06 EST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have always meant to install a diaphragm bilge pump in addition to the
standard one I have now.  The diaphragm pumps will pump the bilge completely
dry and have a check valve system built in as part of the pump.  Using an
electronic pump controller, it's possible to run the diaphragm pump for a
set time period after the float switch turns off.  With the proper
pickup/strainer on the end, it will really dry the bilge.

Here's the pump I had in mind:
http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|299222|84462|315208
<http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|299222|84462|315208&id=14371
5> &id=143715