[C38] bilge pumps

Charles charles at finn.ws
Mon Feb 11 15:14:06 EST 2008

A couple of comments. I also have two bilge pumps located fore aft of
the shower sump (sump now contains my third battery). I have an in-line
flow check valve that I have to clean about once per season. I think the
best answer would be two pumps with separate exit hose options (this
would allow for greater flow and would reduce the risk of a plugged
check valve).
I looked at the pump Rich is considering and was a bit discouraged that
it only flows at 5.5 gpm. If it is hooked up to run after your regular
float switch shuts off... then it really won't keep your bilge dry
except for directly after the main bilge cycles.

Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn #114