[C38] Speaking of prop struts...

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 09:26:29 EST 2008

Hi everybody,

A couple of years ago a line was cought by the shaft and the strut got
heavily  bent. I had to remove all the filling  compound covering the strut,
then it had four bolts. The nuts where right behind the water tank.
I olso notices this not good kinda orange color on the strut so after
streighten it back, I drilled a hole and installed a sacrifitial anode. then
rebeded, installed bolts, filled it and added around four layers of
fiberglass. No problems ever since.
BUT, I got some drawings from CATALINA, and it seems to be two different
versions. As one of you just mentioned, one is just glassed in. Check the
attached drawings.
Hope this helps.

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA