[C38] gps transducer

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 17:31:44 EDT 2008

My depth transducer is glued right beside my knotmeter transducer under the
step in the v-berth.  This puts it near the centerline of the boat about a
foot in front of the keel.  I don’t think you have a step under the filler
of the v-berth of your 1983 model.  Immediately behind the water tank might
be a good location.  BTW I mounted my transducer in a puddle of silicone.
I’m glad I didn’t use epoxy because the transducer supplied with the kit was
faulty.  The Raymarine transducer reads up to 450’.  That comes only ¼ mile
away from the shore where I live.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA