[C38] Fuel Tank Clean-Out Port

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Sun Apr 6 17:38:40 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have a friend sailing near Panama who is having trouble with a dirty fuel
tank and clogged fuel filters.  My wife and I had the same problem with our
C38.  To solve the problem, we cut two ports in the top of the fuel tank
through which we could clean out the tank.  My friend is going to do the
same thing and I posted some notes and a drawing on my web site for him
about our experiences with the project.  I thought I'd share it here in case
it could be of help to anyone thinking about doing the same thing.  The info
is here:

http://www.idea-asylum.com/fuel-tank-hatch/

Best wishes,

Rich, Legacy, #360