[C38] We made it home!

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Fri May 2 15:42:48 EDT 2008

The nicest sailing we had was in the wide, protected waters of NC's ICW.
Boat making nice time close hauled, rail down, with barely enough wind to
ruffle the water, and not nearly enough to make any chop. Bungie off the
wheel and let her run!

But the offshore passages we the most satisfying. Once we'd get the boat
balanced, it felt like we could go forever!

BTW, Bill of Wild Goose joined us for the Chesepeake to Barnaget leg and
we REALLY enjoyed having him along, not least because 2 on 4 off is A LOT
easier than 2 on 2 off. Unfortunately Bill's time aboard was about 30
hours of not enough 6 hours of exactly enough wind, and 6 hours of too
much wind. White knuckles all around coming into Barnaget!