[C38] water heater

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Sun May 4 12:00:58 EDT 2008

Hi David,

It's been many years since I installed my hot water heater but I think I ran the engine heating supply in series with the engine heat exchanger with the hot water heater in between the engine and engine heat exchanger.

I also installed the hot water heater in the center of the hull between the steering quadrant and transmission which is a wasted space otherwise on the 38.  You can't easily access that area to mount the hot water heater there without first making the sail locker false bottom modification if you haven't already done so.

Mounting the water heater in this void also keeps the weight low and centered.

Tom Troncalli
Renata hull #95