[C38] Bedding Shrouds

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Wed May 7 17:09:54 EDT 2008

Steve,

Which chainplates did you rebed?  Did you remove the chainplate or the deck
cover?  I used  a polysulfide sealant on my aft lower shroud chainplates and
have had no success in stopping a leak around the inboard of the two bolts
which hold the chainplate weldment to the deck.  How hard do you think it
would be to seal around a  bolt head?  Apparently I haven't gotten it right
even though I allowed it to harden before torqueing the nut down.  I would
have liked to have been able to remove the chainplate and completely inspect
it but it looks like one would need to take the cabinet apart to get at it.

I think I will try the 4200.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA (where it is raining as I write)