[C38] Bedding Shrouds

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Wed May 7 17:33:53 EDT 2008

Phil,

Since my mast was down for work, I took off all the deck plates and cleaned out the openings until I saw the chain plates removing all of the previously applied silicone until the cut outs were as clean as I could get them.  Then I used my caulk gun and a tube of 4200 to fill the openings, then using a piece of copper wire I "stirred" and poked as best I could to remove any pockets and air bubbles.  After satisfied with that I put a liberal amount on the deck and topped off the openings before resseting the deck plates and slowly squeezed all the excess out the sides and around the portion of the chain plate sticking above the deck as i tightened down the screws then lastly cleaning up the excess.   I did this for all 6 chain plates.  Just had a horrible thought for you to think about:  Is it possible the leak is originating somewhere else on the deck or a port and migrating until it hits the chain plate then coming out inside the cabinet?

Steve
Peregrine #312