[C38] Single line reefing

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Tue May 27 16:02:30 EDT 2008

Bill,

The article you referred to about short cuts for geezer is the article that
I was recounting about pulling the clew down first before the tack on the
single line system.

Concerning line twist I replaced my mainsheet blocks with mast base blocks
which don't restrict rotation about the shackle.  Any twists in the ropes
causes the blocks to twist also.  I talked with Garhauer and the rep said
the only thing I could do is wire them at a particular angle.  I used some
seizing wire to lock them in line with the mainsheet block and tackle
system.  Maybe a little tacky but it works.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA