[C38] Exhaust manifold exhaust flange on Universal 5424/M30.

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Thu May 29 16:39:17 EDT 2008

Hi Russ,

I think I used galvanized pipe and I also had a problem getting the old manifold flange off.  PB Blaster is the trick. Soak it with PB, down a beer, soak it again, down another beer, etc until either the flange stud comes out or you pass out first.

  If you do break off that last stud, your life will become pure hell so let the PB do the work and take your time.  I soaked it over night and the next morning it was very easy to turn.  (no, I didn't drink all nite)

Tom T.