[C38] Sail Cleaning

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Sat May 31 01:17:52 EDT 2008

I understand that the companies that clean sails have long troughs to soak
sails without creasing them.  These large baths allow the cleaners to
circulate around the surfaces of the sail.  I have some mildew on the white
Sunbrella UV cover for my jib.  I read that one should only use mild soap on
the Sunbrella, but it doesn't get the mildew or the stains off.  I wonder if
there are any spot cleaners that are safe for Dacron and Sunbrella.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA