[C38] running ddw with asy for max

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Fri Jun 13 09:41:36 EDT 2008

Before our trip we picked up an old wire luffed 3/4 oz nylon drifer. It's
about 650 sq ft and we loved it loved it loved it!

Ran wing and wing with our main, ran wing and wing with our genoa. Used it
off the wind in place of our genoa in light air. Used it probably when we
shouldn't have because it was so pretty and made the boat go fast!

You can make a reasonable fascimile of a tacker with a few feet of line
and a snaphook. Roll the line around your genoa in a big prussic knot,
with a snaphook on the loose loop.