[C38] Genoa Tracks

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Sat Jul 12 02:28:13 EDT 2008

Kerry,
    On Macavity we changed to Harken adjustable tracks for the aft
(largest) genoa track. This turned out to be an adventure which is
reported in the next issue of the Mainsheet. Aside from the fire drill
of the installation, it has ben a very good change. I would not touch
the forward track. The angle of them  is different because they are used
only with non-overlapping headsails which can be sheeted in tighter. We
use the forward track with our high tech blade which is  98 percent. I
think it is a good idea to have two sets of cars so you do not have to
change anything going from the numbe 1 to the numbe 3. Joe Launie,
Macavity, Commodore