[C38] Ice Box

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Mon Jul 14 03:02:28 EDT 2008

Unfortunately, on our 1980 model there is only about 1 inch of insulation
around the ice box.  When I added refrigeration ( a large freezer box fits
perfectly on the outboard shelf) I put low expansion foam around the box.
Shortly thereafter, I noticed that the floor of the ice box was warm after
running the engine which lead me to believe there is no insulation there so
I blew more foam under it.  There isn't much room on the engine side for
insulation so I glued a metalized bubble wrap to it.  I would like to
replace it with some of the Glacier Bay evacuated foam later.

I would say that running the engine is more a factor on the refrigeration or
ice needed than how many times you open it.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA