[C38] can't shift

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 18:20:42 EDT 2008

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago, except that I never did get
it out of reverse.  The problem was that the transmission clutch cable bent
and wouldn't slide through the outer sheathing.  This is crazy, but it's
true.  I didn't stop with replacing the engine cables, but replaced the
entire pedestal, engine control, chain, idler sheaves, etc.  The only thing
I kept was the radial (sometimes called a quadrant on other configurations)
drive.  Because there is so little room between the rudder stuffing box and
the floor of the cockpit, I had to continue to use a pedestal riser which
added all manner of problems.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA