[C38] shifter follow-up

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:38:35 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

When I replaced my transmission, my father helped me with some brute force.
He is 6' tall and 260lbs. I don't have a water heater, so he crowed into the
aft of the engine and released the bell bolts. Of course, it took him around
three minutes to get the upper part of his body out of there!
I don't have any port locker mods made on the Estancia, but I saw Tom's
pics, and his locker is totally different than mine. My locker goes all the
way down to the hull with a non skid molding on the bottom, and has a large
openning for the engine room. I don't know if there are different port
locker configurations on the C38's, so, I'm planning to send some pics of
mine just for comparison purposes.

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA
Puntarenas, Costa Rica