[C38] To polish or not to polish

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 21:28:15 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

My heatexchanger bracket broke because it was corroded , I just made one
myself out of  stainles steel and that was it.
I also was the one that threw the chain inside the tank. it took about an
hour of shaking until the tank was really clean.
It worked. A local mechanic recommended that.

I also welded a 1/2 nipple with a plug on the, so I can remove it and reach
the deepest side of the tank with a stick and be able to check fuel level in
case the fuel meter stopped working.

I was giving the chain a chance, if I had no results, I would have followed
Rich`s way.
Thank god it worked, because $229 for the ports, plus shipping to freight
forwarder, shipping to costa rica, plus CR taxes, they would have cost me
around $450.
In my case about five gallons of old and dirty diesel, and that was it. Give
the chain a chance!

Hope this helps,

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA