[C38] Head replacement

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Wed Aug 6 00:31:43 EDT 2008

Hi Glenn,

I don't thing there's anything much more simple than the Levac head.  All
you do is close the lid (seat) and pump the handle.  Just make sure there's
room for the separate pump and all the required plumbing.

I was going to mount the pump inside the head on the forward bulkhead, up
above the toilet at a height that would make it easy to pump while standing
up.  This would mean having those large discharge hoses running up to the
pump and down from the pump.  For me, I found it was just simpler to replace
my old head with a new one of the same make and model.

By the way, the toilet in Legacy is a Raritan PH II
(http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|806|315136|828741
<http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|806|315136|828741&id=121903>
&id=121903) and it's worked very well.  I am on my second one but they seem
to last me about 4 or 5 years each.  I probably could have rebuilt rather
than replaced the old one but life is too short to spend it doing that kind
of work!

Rich

  _____