[C38] starter button

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Thu Aug 7 16:24:10 EDT 2008

*Larry,
Are you doing the Nationals at your club next month? Actually, we should
get all the listserve folks in So. Cal there (except for Macavity) With
a 4 cylinder diesel and assymmetric chute, we would be tail end Charlie.
We are in transition. We took the pole off and are selecting a carbon
fiber retractable sprit to be mounted on the foredeck. It will go 4 feet
past the headstay which would have PHRF nailing us big. The system we
race in only looks at performance so we get no penalty until we do
something. Deke of Ulman sails is going to build me a 1/2 oz assymmetric
chute 4 feet longer on the foot than my present one for light air (3 to
8 knots) which we get a lot in Santa Barbara in the fall. When the wind
comes up, we will shorten sail. Joe
*