[C38] Fresh water tank vent

Phil Gay eyriepg at comcast.net
Tue Aug 12 18:53:42 EDT 2008

Que Linda has now has the same configuration as Peregrine.  When we bought
her 10 years ago, there was no deck fill and no vent.  I modeled our fill
and vent after a late model Catalina 30 which I sailed on frequently.  The
vented stanchions are available from several sources and easily replace the
original ones.  The vent hole is about 8 inches above the base of the
stanchion.  I don't remember the details of how I fitted the vent to the
tank.  I will try to remember to look at it and report.

Phil Gay

C38 049 Que Linda

Everett, WA