[C38] I found a C38!

Charles charles at finn.ws
Tue Aug 12 20:33:32 EDT 2008

This is a bit odd, but when I was putting up the Mighty Quinn for the
year after 2 1/2 months of cruising the Great Lakes in Northport,
Michigan, the owner of the boat yard mentioned they had been storing a
C38 for years.  I asked to see it and she is a beauty!  The owner
apparently died (cancer) several years back and she has been sitting
here.  Her license is 2002, but I understand she may not have even been
in the water that year.  I could not get to the hull identification
number, but she has self-tailing winches which I think puts her in the
late 80's.  As you can see, she has been stored inside and her bottom
looks great.
I asked the boatyard if it was ok to talk this around and they thought
that was ok.  The marina is Northport Marina and I can report they are
very good (they store 300-400 boats a year and did an excellent job
handling my boat).  Anybody interested in a boat that is fairly new and
was stored inside for the majority of its life?

Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn #114
Great Lakes