[C38] Shaft log size

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 21:12:51 EDT 2008

I can't find my documentation for the brand but I installed the Gortex type
packing in my original shaft seal and I love it. It only cost about $15,
takes minutes to install, more reliable than the after market true dripless
type seals, and is for all practical purposes a true dripless packing.

I had a dock neighbor who failed to "burp" his dripless after market seal
causing it to freeze up from lack of lubrication, tearing the bellows and
causing a major flooding of the bilge.  The Gortex type packing isn't prone
to seizure making it possibly more reliable as well as a whole lot cheaper.

Tom Troncalli
Renata Hull #95
St. Pete, Fla